My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Comfort Cookies

Pin It


You know how some food is just so comforting? These cookies have such a comforting quality to them. Maybe it's the hint of cinnamon that wafts through the air as they bake in the oven. Maybe it's the happy surprise of honey roasted peanuts - a favorite of mine. Maybe it's the familiar chocolate chips that melt in your mouth. 

Whatever it is, these cookies will fill you with warm fuzzies. Take a bite and you will feel like you're being hugged. Yep a cookie hug. It's a real thing. Go put on some comfy clothes and start baking...and eating :)


Comfort Cookies
by: Back For Seconds

  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 6 Tbs cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 4 oz chopped white chocolate
  • 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
Preheat oven to 350*
In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add in cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, and eggs and mix well.  Slowly add in the soda, salt, and flour until well incorporated. Carefully stir in chocolate chips, white chocolate, and peanuts. Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.

Linked to Weekend Potluck and some of these fab parties
Pin It

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy, I'm going to get some peanuts tomorrow and make them, I really don't want to leave them out!

Winnie said...

Wonderful cookies :)
I looooooove honey roasted peanuts, and always have them at home

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

I want to be filled with fuzzies! And I want a plateful of these cookies. I love adding cinnamon into cookies--that right there is the epitome of a good cookie (and a comforting one) :) I can't wait until we have a baking date!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I want to be comforted by these cookies. I could use them today!

Unknown said...

who wouldn't be comforted by those cookies:)

Nicole @WonkyW said...

Mmmm - just reading your description is comforting me. They look so yummy & delicious too - Like a grandma cookie recipe :)

Sarah said...

Oh, wouldn't I like one of those cookies right now. Thanks for the recipe.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

My kind of cookie. Is there anything better than a warm chocolate chip cookie?

TidyMom said...

oh my! I love the idea of honey roasted peanuts in cookies!! these sound incredible!!

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post to my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/16-back-to-school-treats/ Have a great rest of the weekend.

Leslie's Garden said...

This sounds like a delicious cookie, the ingredients were a surprise! Can't wait to give it a try.

Unknown said...

Thrilled to be your newest follower!! My family will be excited as I infuse our menu with some new desserts!!
Feel free to visit me.....
<a href="http://sadieloohoo.blogspot.ca/'>Connie from Sadieloohoo</a>

SallysBakingAddiction said...

Comfort cookies - you ain't lying! All of my favorite add-ins are in these cookies. I love the combination. And adding cocoa powder for that extra chocolate kick really takes these to the next level. You are a cookie queen my dear. :)

Unknown said...

These look fantastic. Love the twist of the honey roasted peanuts. I am going to try them tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I love the name of these cookies! And the combination of white and semi-sweet chocolate :) Definitely bookmarked.

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Loving these--and I especially love the addition of the honey roasted peanuts! YUM!

Steph said...

Wow, these look amazing! I can't wait to try them, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

These sound tasty!

Jaime said...

I'm just going to come live at your house, ok?!? These look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing these at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

Unknown said...

These look so good! Oh boy this is not a good time to diet (sigh)! Thank you SO much for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Please make sure you link up again next week, would love to see you there again!! You have a wonderful blog:)

Also, please stop by and link up your latest and greatest post to our Keep Calm and Link Up party going on right now!

http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/2012/08/keep-calm-and-link-up-2.html

Barbara @ Chase the Star

Jennifer said...

Oh my...These look so good! I love cookies and I have to try these!


I featured you on my blog today. http://www.laughterandgrace.com/fabulous-five-5/

The Mandatory Mooch said...

These sound delicious!! My family loves honey roasted peanuts. I would love for you to link up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. The party is still open until Sunday night. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html

Thanks, Nichi

Jenn said...

Yummmm...these look so good! And I love your little receip box too! Thanks so much for coming out to the party at Clean and Scentsible. I'll be featuring these tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Jenn :)

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)