My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Celebration Oreos

Pin It



So, today is a BIG day for my family. It marks a huge milestone for us. I know I haven't shared anything personal here before but today is an exception ;)


Today my twin sons turn one year old!! 
It certainly is cause for celebration - especially after all we went through to have them. They are miracles. Fact.
Of course in the midst of all the partying, I am weepy because my boys are no longer the ity bity tiny babies they were when we brought them home from the hospital. Time sure moved at warp speed this past year! I have loved every snuggle, every kiss, every nap with both babes on my chest, every new discovery, every adorable coo, every waking and sleeping hour - even at 2, 4, and 5 a.m. - I have honestly loved every precious minute!!

I thought these sprinkly homemade oreos were appropriate to share on this occasion. Maybe I will share their cakes in a later post. These are not an exact replica of an oreo (not quite as crumbly), but they're pretty close. Everyone who tried them gave the thumbs up!

Celebration Oreos
by: Back For Seconds
   For the cookie
  • 10 Tbs butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
   For the filling
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 tsp vanilla 
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375*
In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and cocoa, mixing well. Slowly add in the flour, salt, soda, and baking powder. Mix until well incorporated. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet, pressing down slightly on each mound of dough. Bake about 8-9 minutes and let cool completely on wire rack. 
For the filling:
In a mixer beat together butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon filling onto half of the cookies and top with the remaining cookies. Roll in sprinkled if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature. 


And now LET'S PARTY!!!!!

Since this party is so new, I would be over the moon thrilled if you would help me spread the word! A party isn't a party without all of you! Invite your friends - tweet, facebook, blog, instagram your besties and tell them the Back For Seconds Social is where it's at! You guys rock!



Here's the skinny:
  • Link up your recipes, DIY projects, helpful tips, etc...I want to see it all! (Please only link up your own material)
  • Check out some other links - this is a Social after all :) Have fun and come back next week to see if you were featured! (You can find this weeks features here)

Pin It

31 comments:

CuteEverything.com said...

Congrats to your twins! Thanks for the party!

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

Congratulations!!! It is indeed a big day! Have a wonderful birthday celebration! Thanks for hosting!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Aw, yay! Happy Birthday to them! That's so great, and these are awesome. Thanks for the party!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Happy Birthday X & K! I'm so happy and excited for you, even if it's kind of bittersweet that they're growing up. But with you as their mama, I know they'll grow into awesome young men! BTW, these Oreos are awesome! Love the sprinkles of course :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boys, enjoy every moment with them, they grow up so fast! The cookies look wonderful, love the sprinkles.

Kristin said...

Yum! I'm about to go to the cupboard and get some oreos now. But I could sure go for one of these! My brothers are twins. You have many years of double birthday parties ahead of you :)

Unknown said...

Faux is way better... these are so much prettier than true Oreos! Happy birthday to the little ones!

Winnie said...

Congratulations!
I love homemade Oreos (I always make them at home) and I actually make mines with white chocolate ganashe (instead of buttercream)
Thanks for another party

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday to your little guys! What a busy year you must have had! Love the oreos! Thanks so much for the invite.
Jenn :)

BeaumontGirl said...

Your blog makes me hungry :( Following you from the hop!
http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

Michelle Day said...

Happy Birthday to your little guys :) Thanks for hosting. Those Homemade Oreo's look amazing! Have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your little guys! Oreos are pretty much a staple in my house; I have to try and make my own one day soon. I wish I had a recipe to share today. I havn't posted a recipe in what feels like an eternity. Hopefully next week I'll be back!

Deb A said...

Thanks for hosting!! Yummy looking oreos!

Nici @ Posed Perfection said...

Happy Birthday to your twins! Thanks so much for hosting this party. Loved your cookie recipe! This is my first time to link up. I'm your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by Posed Perfection for a visit and maybe even a follow back.
Blessings,
Nici

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! I originally came over here to check out your home made oreo recipe! LOVE oreos, especially the peanut butter ones.

SallysBakingAddiction said...

Stephanie! Happy birthday to your baby twins. :) What a miracle, indeed. Sending lots of celebration love your way. :) PS: love love love these "Oreos" !!

Sarah said...

Thanks for hosting the party, I just linked up! I would love for you to share your fauxreos at my link party going on now:
http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/08/share-it-link-party-25.html

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your twin sons!! What a special day!! Children truly are a blessing. :) Thank you so much for hosting this fun party! I LOVE your fauxreos recipe, yum! I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend! HUGS!

~Jen @ YummyHealthyEasy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh so fun! Love your cute blog and these recipes will definitely be bringing me back for more! Happy birthday to your twinsies! Stopping in from the GFC link party and am a new follower!

xo,
Nat
http://www.take-the-cannoli.net/

Meredith @ Wait Til Your Father Gets Home said...

What cute little oreos :o) Thanks for joining the CHQ Blog Hop this week...I hope you were able to "meet" some new friends! :o)

Unknown said...

Following from a blog hop. Happy birthday to your little ones. I will have to make your cookies for my little guy. :)

http://chaoticcantrells.blogspot.com/2012/08/exciting-news.html

Nicole @WonkyW said...

I love these cookies - so fun! Perfect for your celebration - Happy Birthday to the kiddos!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes said...

Homemade Oreos? This is so perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your twins! These are definitely the perfect way to celebrate...I love all the sprinkles :)

Jaime said...

These cookies are too cute! & congrats on the twins turning 1!! I know how fast the time flies, mine just turned 2!!

Thanks for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

Unknown said...

Hello from Sundae Scoop Link Party!

Those fauxreos (love the name) look amazing! Happy Birthday to the little ones and congrats on your first year as a mom of twins :)

Have a fabulous and inspired day!

~I hope you can take a moment to pop over to http://www.mywatermelonmoon.com and checkout my (relatively new) blog! I a follower of yours and would love you to give some blog love as a follower of mine! Happy Crafting!

Britni @ Hubby Made Me said...

I love these! They are almost too pretty to eat! And I love the name :)

Cheerios and Lattes said...

Thank you for sharing at Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week to link up again! Have a great weekend!
-Mackenzie
http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

Renee Hagloch said...

Adorable! I would love for you link this up at my first LINK PARTY!

http://www.thecreativeorchard.blogspot.com/2012/08/tutorial-link-party.html

Be Colorful Coastal said...

such a fun festive party look. The day would have to be special with these on the table. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
pr

Janie said...

Those look really yummy. I never got to try the dang birthday oreos because for some reason they didn't have them in any of the stores up here :'( I'm sure they won't have the candy corn ones either! GRRR.

Stopping by from Totally Tasty Tuesday.

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)