My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Coconut Carrot Mini Cakes

Pin It

Carrot cake. You either love it or hate it, right?
I happen to love it but only if it doesn't have nuts. Or raisins. Nothing against nut and raisins - I like them, just not in my cake.
Actually, if I'm gonna be honest, the main reason I like carrot cake is it's marvelous ability to be the base for massive amounts of cream cheese frosting. Can I get an "Amen"??
However, I recently discovered that it can be amazingly delicious without all that frosting! (I still made a cream cheese glaze though - I'm not an animal!)  With the addition of coconut and a healthy dose of chocolate chips, this carrot cake rocks! Even if you think you don't like carrot cake, I bet this recipe could change your mind. It is moist, fluffy, and full of goodness!






Coconut Carrot Mini Cakes
By: Back For Seconds

  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 1/2 cup coconut
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350*
Add all ingredients except coconut and chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl. Beat well. Stir in coconut and chips. Pour into greased mini bunt cake pans. Bake 8-10 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pans and let cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with glaze.

Cream Cheese Glaze
  • 2 oz softened cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • splash of milk
In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Slowly add milk until desired consistency.


Pin It

36 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Loving these mini cakes, they look yummy! I love the idea for individual servings. Thanks for sharing.
FABBY

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

These look so yummy! Were they difficult to make?

Melanie
www.bearrabbitbear.com

Stephanie said...

Never thought of putting coconut in a carrot cake but it sounds delicious!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Um, wow. These are awesome. And I'm so like you - no nuts, no raisins, and for me, no pineapple. And again, yes, it's merely a vehicle for the frosting! :)

Melissa @ Honeybee Vintage said...

These look great:) I'm the opposite about carrot cake...it's gotta have nuts;) Thanks for sharing!

Me And My Sweets said...

WOW! Those look amazing and a must try! I', going to start a monthly link up party "My Sweet party" and I'd love you to join. Check out my blog from 1st of May for more info. Have a great day!

XXX Johanna

www.meandmysweets.blogspot.com

Debra Kapellakis said...

cute, tiny bits of YUMMY!

Unknown said...

These look so tasty! YUMMO! I'm so glad that I found your link on Craft-O-Maniac! I'm your newest follower - would love to have you visit my site, soon.

Blessings!
-heather
stringtownhome.blogspot.com

Alison Meade said...

These look great! I'm not a fan of nuts or raisins in carrot cake either, but the addition of chocolate chips sounds amazing!

Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday! We hope you'll be back again next week!

-Four Sisters

Catalina @ Cake with Love said...

I love carrot cake, these are so cute, I bakes some carrot cake balls during the weekend I will post the recipe later this week, but your a the oerfect size to enjoy with a side of tea!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I am allergic to nuts and I always substitute coconut! These look delicious! Yummy!

erica said...

You make the best mini items! xo

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

These look so cute and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday!

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

These are so cute and sound great, love the addition of chocolate chips and coconut!

Aisling said...

might have to make these for the next shared meal at church.

Lisa said...

Love carrot cake and these are so cute! yum!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Looks yummy!! Megan

Ms Moppet said...

You had me with the carrot cake, then I saw the words coconut and cream cheese frosting....oh I'm in trouble....

Carolina HeartStrings said...

This looks yummy. My family would love it. Come visit us. We have some terrific things going on this week to share with you

Katie said...

Yum! Love both carrot and coconut--must try soon!

Pams Party said...

I dont eat carrot cake very often, but yours looks really good. I would love it if you would share this recipe on my linky party Dare to Share.

Pam
http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/04/dare-to-share-5.html

Unknown said...

Wow how yummy! I'm a new follower from a Wed. blog hop, please follow me back at: http://iheartpears.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Jen @ Jens Favorite Cookies said...

Amen, honey! You can't have carrot cake without cream cheese frosting! These are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Yum!! I wouldn't have put carrots and coconut together. It looks really good, though. I'll have to try it.

New follower from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. =) www.love-and-laundry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love carrot cake! the mini cakes look so good. I'm a new follower from the blog hop :) x

Ivy and Elephants said...

OMG this has to be amazingly delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious post. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join us.

Paula
Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Carrie @ young living oil lady said...

These look yummy! My husband will love them b/c he is not a fan of raisins :) Would love for you to link up to us on Tuesdays at Kids in the Kitchen:
http://younglivingoillady.com/home/kids-in-the-kitchen-link-up-week-12/
Hope to see you there!

Keeper of the Home... said...

Thanks for sharing...looks wonderful! But hmmmm gonna have to add the raisins and nuts...and you betcha - AMEN to cream cheese frosting - why would you eat a cake without it???
Have a great weekend - thanks again for sharing!

Katie @ Little Becky Homecky said...

YUM! Thanks for sharing at Fantabulous Friday!! These look amazing!

Allie said...

These look delicious!! I love carrot cake, but don't love a ton of icing. Coconut and carrot cake sounds like such a great combo! I featured you on my blog this week! Come check it out and grab a button if you like :) http://missloviecreations.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-favorite-things-thursday-and.html

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

This sounds like a winning combination. Thanks for sharing at this week's link party!

Unknown said...

Those look delicious. I love the glaze on top. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Krista said...

Those are too cute and the glaze looks divine! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week. See you next Sunday ~EMM

Slice of Southern said...

These are adorable! Thanks for linking up on Southern Sundays! Featured items will be announced next week so come back, and please bring some more delicious recipes!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

I will definitely have to keep this recipe. Carrot cake is my husband's fave but wow, does it have a lot of calories. These minis would be perfect. Thanks for sharing this week at BeColorful
pam

Unknown said...

I love coconut, I must try these soon!
xoxo
Heather

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)