This Sunday is Mother's Day, in case you didn't know. I wanted to share something special that you could make for your mama and show her just how special she is.
Of course, these are so adorable and delicious they deserve to be made more than once a year. I think the fact that it's spring is reason enough to make these sweet little flower pot cakes.Who could resist an individual flower pot filled with rich chocolate cake, cream cheese pudding, oreo "dirt", and an edible flower?? Not me. Yummy desserts that are also cute are hard to say no to!
Flower Pot Cakes
By: Back For Seconds
You will need:
- ingredients for your favorite chocolate cake or a mix and the ingredients to make it.
- 24 mini flower pots (mine are about 3" high)
- 1 package of oreos
- 48 gummy worms
- ingredients listed below for the Cream Cheese Oreo Pudding
- Supplies for edible flowers shown in this post here
- Mix up the batter of your favorite chocolate cake recipe - I love devil's food cake for this. If you don't want to make it from scratch, just use a box mix. I won't tell ;)
- Grease pots well and fill 1/3 full with batter.
- Place pots on a baking sheet. Bake at 350* for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While cakes are baking make the cream cheese Oreo pudding. (Recipe below)
- Once the cakes are cool, fill the pots the rest of the way with the pudding, leaving just enough room for the "dirt" on top. You will have some extra pudding - eat that with a spoon ;)
- Crush a sleeve of oreos and sprinkle on top of the pudding.
- Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, decorate with gummy worms and edible flowers. (you can substitute real or silk flowers if you don't have the time to make your own edible ones. They will still be pretty!)
Cream Cheese Oreo Pudding
By: Back For Seconds
- 2 large boxes chocolate instant pudding
- 4 Tbs soft butter
- 5 oz soft cream cheese
- 5 cups milk
- 1 sleeve oreos broken into chunks
In a large bowl beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add in pudding mix and beat until incorporated. Add milk and beat for 3 minutes. Stir in oreos and refrigerate.