My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cinnamon Toffee Chex Mix

Pin It


In my very first post, almost 2 months ago, I shared with you one of my favorite things. Be sure to check it out here if you missed it!  I am always creating new flavor combinations of dessert chex mixes. I just love the stuff. They are quick, easy, and you the possibilities are endless!
A few days ago I was in the mood for a sweet chex mix but I wanted to do something different. BAM! It hit me. Cinnamon, chocolate and toffee! It's a beautiful thing, my friends. Whip up a batch today - you won't be sorry!








Cinnamon Toffee Chex Mix
by: BackFor Seconds
  • 9 cups Chex cereal
  • 18 oz white chocolate
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1 cup cinnamon chips
  • 1 cup toffee bits
In a large bowl heat white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to heat at 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the cinnamon. Add chex and toffee bits and carefully stir until coated. Stir in chips and pour onto wax paper in a single layer to cool. After 20 minutes or until set, break apart and store in a tightly sealed container.

Pin It

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog! I am following you from the Made In A Day blog hop! I hope you will stop by Swanky Baby and follow us too! Have a good day!

Swanky Baby
swankybaby.net

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

So good. I love Chex Mix. I'm so hungry and this is not helping, lol.

sally @ sallys baking addiction said...

This dessert/snacky chew mix looks INCREDIBLE! Love love love. Toffee + cinnamon + chex. So many of my favorites. I could munch on this all day long! :)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

This is GENIUS!! I love chocolate and cinnamon together, and I can only imagine how good the buttery toffee adds to that delicious combo. Love love looooove.

Baking Serendipity said...

I love Chex Mix and this takes it to an entirely new level! The toffee is the perfect addition :)

Michael said...

This looks great, YUM!

Michael said...

This looks great! YUM

Savannah said...

These look delicious and I think my readers would love seeing this recipe, too. Would you consider guest posting this on my Weekend Edition? Here is the link with more information - http://hammocktracks.com/hammock-track-tales/2012/05/calling-all-bloggers-coming-soon/ and my email is savannahmcqueen@ymail.com

Unknown said...

These look so good!!

New follower from the blog hop :) Check out my blog if you get a chance!

Can't wait to catch up on your posts!!

xo, Jersey Girl

hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This sounds wonderful, I could eat a bowl this minute! Thanks for sharing.

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Love, love, love cinnamon! Great recipe and I can't wait to try!
Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

Michelle Day said...

This sounds and looks delish! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday.

Michelle

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh, I definitely have to try this. Yum!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

As always, YUM!

Recipes We Love said...

Oh wow...this sounds and looks yummy!!!

Unknown said...

OH...I would have to nibble on this all day! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures Week 36. I hope you will join again each week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-36.html

emilysnan said...

hiya , eh you had me at cinnamon ;) stopping by from petite hermine x and your new follower x fab receipe thanks for sharing
happy baking
xmaggeix

Jessi said...

Yum, I love Chex mix! Stopping by from Busy Monday!

Jesseca said...

This looks soooooo yummy! I just started a camping recipe link party, and would love for you to link this up!! I think people would die over it!

http://onesweetappetite.com/camping-food-a-list/

Anonymous said...

I am putting the ingredients for this on today's grocery list. Anything that has a toffee taste is my favorite.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Iam so glad you posted this! My husband love anything with toffee and caramel in it. I am making him a big batch!
Thanks for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY!

Unknown said...

These look so delicious. I am pinning this! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

Slice of Southern said...

I love snacks like this! Thanks for linking up to Southern Sundays! Hope to see you again soon!
www.asliceofsouthern.blogspot.com

Teresa Peschke said...

This looks amazing! I would love for you to link this up at my Getting Crafty weekend party @ Crafting in My Closet. http://tapeschkecrafts.blogspot.com/2012/06/getting-crafty-weekend-link-up-2.html

Adorned From Above said...

I love this recipe. I never thought of doing chex mix this way. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)