My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Creamy Seafood Pasta

Pin It

I love seafood.  When I go out to eat, the seafood dishes always jump out at me.  Too bad they're always the most expensive options, I have expensive taste, what can I say?
I made this Creamy Seafood Pasta this week and it made a huge amount for around $10. So this weekend maybe have a date night at home and make this yummy seafood pasta. Save your money for a nice bottle of wine instead. ;)






Creamy Seafood Pasta
by: Back For Seconds

  • 5 Tbs butter
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 5 Tbs flour
  • 4 cups whole milk
  • 3 cubes chicken bullion
  • 2 Tbs lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 lb pasta cooked (I used spaghetti)
  • 1 lb seafood of choice (I like shrimp and scallops)
  • fresh parsley if desired
In a large deep skillet melt 2 Tbs butter and add chosen seafood. Cook until done being very careful not to over cook or it will turn chewy and rubbery. Remove seafood from the pan and melt the remaining 3 Tbs of butter. Over high heat pour the wine into the pan and whisk and let it steam and pick up all the bits at the bottom. Let it reduce by half. Lower the heat to medium and add flour whisking carefully until it makes a paste. Slowly add the milk (room temp) while whisking. Keep whisking until it thickens into a nice creamy sauce. Stir in the chicken bullion and let dissolve. Add other spices, parmesan, and lemon juice. Add in the cooked pasta and seafood. Stir together and sprinkle with parsley.



Pin It

19 comments:

Me And My Sweets said...

I love creamy pasta!! Looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I just saved this recipe. I love seafood but don't make many seafood meals, thanks for sharing this! x

Recipes We Love said...

Oh YUMMY sound delis

Krista said...

I am such a sucker for good pasta and yours looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & see you next Sunday ~EMM

Jackie @Syrup and Biscuits said...

Hello! Stopping by from Church Supper. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Oh yum. I would love this with shrimp and crab. or just crab and crab. And did I mention crab?

Jenny said...

That sounds so good! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Garage Sales R Us said...

Heck yes I am coming back for seconds! That looks so good! I can't wit to give it a try! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am a new follower! I hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

Robin

Six Sisters said...

This recipe looks amazing!! We are seafood lovers! We are so glad you came to another week of our fun “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. Please join us again! -The Sisters

Debra Kapellakis said...

I am not much on seafood but my family is. This will be good for me to make for them. ;)

Slice of Southern said...

Oh my fiance would love this dish! Thanks for linking up to Southern Sundays! Hope to see you again next week!

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

What an amazing recipe! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I can just taste it! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures week 35. See you soon! <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-35.html

Unknown said...

Yum, I'm with you on seafood, probably because I don't cook it at home often, this sounds so good though I may have to see what I can find at the store! Pinned, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your way of describing all in this article is really nice, every one be able
to simply know it, Thanks a lot.
Also see my webpage > printable pizza hut coupons

Terry said...

Sounds so yummy and not to difficult! I think I'll have my husband make this! LOL - he loves to cook, me not so much! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe at Sunday Blog Love...makes me so hungry!

Michelle Day said...

This looks super yummy. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)
Michelle

Penny said...

My thoughts are I WANT SOME ... This sounds yummy something my old man will eat, that's always a good thing. Mmmm

Anonymous said...

This sounds "soda-licious". What can I use to substitute the wine? Laura

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)