My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies

Pin It


I have been getting requests for this recipe. If you asked for it - this is for you!! I aim to please :)

I am always in the kitchen creating new recipes. Tasty dinners for my family, over the top desserts, fun snack foods, outrageous breakfasts (not before 9 am though...)
But over the years I have made a few recipes over and over and over again.  I like to think I have perfected them.  Since I was about 12 years old I was known for making the BEST brownies. That recipe came from a mistake... proof that you learn from your mistakes, they tasted better than the original! My recipe has changed over the years and I honestly think it couldn't get any better! Same goes for my chocolate chip cookies. I have tinkered with my recipe for years and now I have it exactly the way I want it.  Slightly crisp on the edges. Soft and chewy gooey on the inside. And the dough is so buttery delicious and loaded with chips!
This recipe is a slight variation of my usual recipe. This one has oats! It is not an oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips, it's a chocolate chip cookie with oatmeal. Got it? The oatmeal is complementary, not the star of the show.
It's an all American classic. Like Mickey Mouse :)





I couldn't help myself here. I just made a batch of fudge frosting and just had to smear it on a cookie. You should do that too, its delish!   :) 


Best Ever Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
by: Back For Seconds

  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 rounded tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup oats
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375*
In a large bowl beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and eggs one at a time. While mixing on low, slowly add in flour, soda, and salt just until everything is incorporated. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet leaving space between cookies for them to spread. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks and store in tightly sealed container.


Pin It

19 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds yummy! Have you ever tried them with cinnamon? I tried some the other day which seemed to have a touch of cinnamon in them and I really liked the taste with the oats.

I just may try your recipe and add a tsp.

Have you ever shared your brownie recipe? Would love to try it as well.

Thanks for sharing.

Marie

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Delicious! I love a good chocolate chip cookie, especially with oats!

Mary Neumann said...

Great share! I'm always looking for new Chocolate Chip cookie recipes to try! Saw your recipe at The Frugal Girls - Chic & Crafty Thursday. Just pinnned! Cheers!

Winnie said...

These look wonderful!
We all love chocolate-chip cookies (who doesn't?) and I'd love to try your recipe
Thanks for sharing!

Rose Jesky said...

Those look awesome.
Rose

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to link these beautiful babies up on Fab Friday. Oh so yummy! And the fudge frosting you put on top, totally drooling! xoxox

Unknown said...

OH MY! These do look like "The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies"!!! Just dropping by to let you know Freedom Fridays is up and running and just waiting for you to link up:) Hope you have a marvelous weekend!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up to my Summer Bucket List Party, it's also been pinned

Unknown said...

Going to have to try these!:)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Oh, my gosh! These chocolate chip cookies sound amazing!!!! I love ccc that are crispy on the edges! YUMMY! Thanks for sharing this sweet treat at ON THE MENU MONDAY!

Six Sisters said...

This chocolate chip cookie recipe looks great! We are always trying new choc chip cookie recipes. Thanks for sharing! We appreciate you linking up with us!! It's so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes! We hope to see you back again soon! -The Sisters

Debra Kapellakis said...

I will try this version. ;)

Sabrina Poehl said...

I love trying chocolate chip recipes! I will have to give this one a try.

Love your blog, I will be following! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

I recently started a blog and would love for you to follow. New bloggie friends makes me :)

http://sugarlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a great idea to add some oats to a chocolate chip cookie, I can call it healthy now!!!!! Can't wait to make a batch. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Day said...

I Love oats in my cookies, no matter what kind they are :) These sound and look super yummy. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

Michelle

Unknown said...

GREAT Recipe! So happy you shared on Thursday's Treasures Week 36. I hope you will join again each week. <3 and hugs! http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2012/05/thursdays-treasures-week-36.html

ShirleyRunner said...

This recipes looks delicious, I pinned the recipe stopping by from the hope studios link party

Unknown said...

These cookies look delicious! I have never thought to add oats to chocolate chip cookies, I can't wait to try these. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

Katja Wolke said...

I try out this recipe and there are very yummi :)
Here you can see some Photos of my cookies:
http://katjas-lesewolke.blogspot.de/2012/06/backen-1.html

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)