My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Caramel Apple Pound Cake {Life as a Lofthouse}

Pin It

I am super excited to have Holly from Life as a Lofthouse here today! She is so sweet and has tons of delicious and easy recipes on her blog. She lured me in with her tempting goodies like these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, Candy Bar Cupcakes, and Red Velvet Brownies. Ok, wipe away the drool and give Holly a warm welcome!



  Hi everyone! I'm Holly, and I'm the gal behind the scenes over at Life as a Lofthouse! I was totally excited when Stephanie asked me to guest post, while she's on vacation. I LOVE her blog, and am always drooling over all the yummy stuff she posts!
 
  I started my food blog 2 years ago, and have had so much fun doing it. I'm a mother to 3 kiddos, and my hubby is my best friend. I am so blessed to have such amazing friends and family!
 
  Cooking and baking is a huge passion of mine. For a lot of people, cooking is a chore. For me, it's the exact opposite. It's actually a stress relief. From Mexican, to Italian and good ol' American fare, I love all FOOD! I hope you will come over and check out my Recipe Index! I'm sure there will be a few things you'll want to try!
  Today I thought I'd share this Caramel Apple Pound Cake.  Now that Fall is coming soon, it is the perfect cake to make! I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!
 
Caramel Apple Pound Cake
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 medium Red apples, peeled and finely chopped (2 cups)

Caramel Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk


Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.

In a large bowl, add the granulated sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs. With an electric hand mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.

Gradually beat in flour, apple pie spice, salt and baking soda until just combined. Stir in apple pieces.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, and then invert onto a cooling rack.

For Caramel Glaze:  Place all glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat. Stir until butter melts, and then comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Spoon glaze all over the warm cake.

Cut cake into slices and serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!♥

Pin It

6 comments:

April said...

I loe anything pound-cakeish, but this looks especially awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

Cindy said...

I love apples and bundt cakes are my obsession! This must be yummy.

Winnie said...

Great looking cake, and we looooooooooove apple cakes.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Oh, I'm in love with this!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

This cake needs to happen in my life!

Unknown said...

I have never made a pound cake before and I need to. Maybe I will try this one.

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)