My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fluffernutter Blondies

Pin It



I decided to set aside my beloved brownies for a day in favor of blondies. And if that wasn't enough against my character, I didn't even put any chocolate in them *gasp*!  I guess it's opposite day here at Back For Seconds.





I am starting to come around to the light side! These blondies are GOOD They are gooey and chewy just like my favorite fudge brownie - but without the chocolate. I melted the butter and beat it with the brown sugar for a good long time and that gave these bars a nice caramel undertone. The peanut butter swirl baked inside paired with the fluffernutter frosting had me in peanut butter heaven!
One bite of these and you will be feeling all nostalgic like. Did you ever have fluffernutter sandwiches as a kid? I bet you ate them on white bread, too, huh?
Go grab your mixer, a glass of milk, and some sprinkles, and let's get baking!


Fluffernutter Blondies
by: Back For Seconds


  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
Fluffernutter Frosting
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3 Tbs soft butter
  • 1 jar marshmallow fluff
Preheat oven to 350*
In a large mixing bowl beat melted butter and brown sugar for about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and slowly add it to the wet mixture beating until well combined.  Spoon batter into 13x9" greased baking dish. Soften peanut butter in microwave and drizzle over blondie batter, then use a knife to swirl it through the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes. It is done when the edges start to brown and the center in no longer jiggly. Be careful not to over bake - you want these to be gooey and chewy! Frost while still hot.
For the frosting, beat together all ingredients very well. It will be sticky. Spread over hot blondies and it will melt a little making it easier to frost. Cover and store at room temperature. 

Can't get enough blondies? Check out these fun recipes by some of my blogging buddies:

Golden Oreo Cake Batter Blondies by Sally's Baking Addiction
Salted Butterscotch Blondies by The Domestic Rebel
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies by Shugary Sweets



I party here

Pin It

28 comments:

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Um, wow. Mouth watering. Stomach growling. Now I have a major craving!

SallysBakingAddiction said...

Fluffernutters are the BEST!!!! loving the combo of them with blondies. i prefer blondies over brownies anyway...lol! :D

Michelle said...

Another fabulous recipe! It looks sooo yummy. Please link it to the Pin'Inpsirational Thursday party http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/06/happy-happy-pininspiration-day-and-were.html pretty please!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Okay, I'm drooling over here. These look amazing--I love marshmallow fluff!

Kristin said...

I Pinned this! I love blondies, so I'm gonna try this for sure :)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I've gotta try this one! Pinning it for sure!

Winnie said...

I've never eaten something like that and I'd loooooooooooooove to, seeing yours
Super delicious looking
PB and marshmallows together - WOWWW

Michelle Day said...

Mmmmm, Fluffernutters are the best! I can't wait to try this recipe. Pinning this now. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

FLUFFERNUTTERS!! I love them dearly, and these blondies. We all know blondies > brownies but these prove that point a little better :) and sprinkles. Sprinkles on everything. And I mean ev.er.y.thing.

Michael said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing my blondies too :) YUM.

Unknown said...

This look so decadent and delish! :D

Alil Country Sugar said...

Peanut butter and marshmallow....definitely would go over well in my house. Thank you for linking up the recipe fro Foodie Friends Friday. Hope to see you again next week.

Unknown said...

The frosting alone sounds awesome... thanks for sharing! Looks yum!

The Better Baker said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

How much fun are these?!

Lois Christensen said...

These look like such a good escape from chocolate! Thanks for joining Food Friends Friday! Please join us again next week.

Carole said...

wow, so pretty
I found you via Couponing & Cooking. I have linked in a post about retro prawn cocktails

Have a great week.

Tanya-Lemonsforlulu.com said...

I need this for breakfast!! Yum, love this recipe!!!!

Unknown said...

looks delicious - even with out any chocolate :)

The Hill Hangout said...

Pinning - because these look fabulous!

Liz said...

Looks delicious! Liz

Unknown said...

These look so good! I can't wait to try them out =)

Allison said...

yummy! so glad I found your blog on the red, white, and you linkup. I'm a new SAHM, so cooking daily is new to me-). Look forward to following!

annies home said...

oh yeah love theme bet they are very tasty come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/07/patriotic-cupcake-cones.html

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Oh boy...these sound delish. Will definitely try them out. Found your fantastic blog at Southern Lovel! Jane

mxmomma05, Mel, Mo' said...

I've never had a blondie or Fluffernutter? anyway, sounds amazing and with this recipe that will change asap...thanks much! yummmmm....

Tobins' Tastes said...

Those look ridiculous! Thanks so much for linking up at Mealtime Monday! Can’t wait to see what you like up tomorrow night!

Kaylee
www.couponingncooking.com

Kara E said...

Found you over at Brew Crew Life..these look soo yummy!! Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)