My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://backforsecondsblog.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome! Have you linked up to this weeks Back For Seconds Social? Come join the party here!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Ganache Topped Peanut Butter Cup Muffins (Great Blogger Switch-Up!)

Pin It



My best blogging friends and I are joining forces today to bring you some delicious recipes! We have been so inspired by one another and thought it would be fun to switch things up and create recipes as an ode to each other! These girls are rock stars in the kitchen so be sure to check out each of their posts today - you won't be disappointed!





The recipe I created was inspired by the ever impressive Dorothy from Crazy For Crust. She is unbelievably talented and creative in the kitchen. I mean, she made Blueberry Pie Fudge!! All of her recipes are so fabulous and and she has such a fun personality that makes her blog a joy to read. And she's pretty sarcastic, which I have to say I love. We may or may not have that in common. ;)
When I saw her post for these donuts, I knew we were gonna be great friends! Those donuts were the inspiration for these muffins.

 I am calling them muffins so you don't feel guilty about eating them for breakfast. You're welcome.
They are moist and peanut buttery with a hint of banana. Most importantly though, they are dunked in ganache (my most favorite food) and smothered with peanut butter cups. I die.
Go make some now. And while they are in the oven check out my friends blogs and see what their whipping up and who inspired them!

Crazy For Crust
Sally's Baking Addiction
The Domestic Rebel
Kitchen Meets Girl




Ganache Topped Peanut Butter Cup Muffins
by:Back For Seconds
Ingredients
Muffins:

  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Ganache:
  • 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chopped (or chocolate chips)
  • 4 oz heavy cream (or whole milk)
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups
Directions
   For the Muffins:

In a large mixing bowl beat together peanut butter, mashed banana and sugar until smooth. Add in milk, sour cream, vanilla, and egg. Mix well. Gradually add in the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and mix until well combined. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out crumbly. Let cool on wire racks.

For the Ganache:

In a double boiler heat heavy cream until it just starts to simmer. Turn off heat and pour in chocolate. Let it sit for a few seconds and then stir until all the chocolate is melted and is smooth. Dip muffin tops into the ganache and sprinkle with peanut butter cups. 


Pin It

28 comments:

SallysBakingAddiction said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! What a DELICIOUS choice for today's blooger switch up! I've seen Dorothy's PB Cup donuts but just haven't made them yet1 I love your unique twist on them. I would LOVE to wak up to any of these!! Thank you so much for the wonderful idea for today's fun project! So much fun to work with all you girls. :)

Anonymous said...

I think if I had one of those for breakfast I'd be bouncing off the walls all day! My boys on the other hand would appreciate the *lift*. Will have to try them out!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

Ah, thanks so much Stephanie! I never thought to make them into muffins and dip them in ganache. YOU ARE A GENIUS. Because now this is how I'm going to dress all my muffins from now on because then it gives me the right to eat chocolate for breakfast. I think I love you. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

Wow, these look amazing. And thank you for calling them muffins so I can eat them for breakfast--hee! Even more, a big thank-you for organizing the switch up! This was such great fun!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel said...

Uhhhhhhhh sooooooo the whole "if it's a muffin I can eat it for breakfast; if it's a cupcake I have to wait" kinda thing falls short on me. Why? Because I'm known to pick and pilfer for any foods ANY time of day. Sweets are ALWAYS okay for breaky in my book. Especially sweet & salty treats loaded with chocolate ganache and peanut butter cups. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and if I'm eating these, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have a badass day :)
Thanks for inviting me to participate in this fun blogger switch-up!! I had a blast!

Unknown said...

those look sinfully delicious! i make similar cupcakes. i love that these are muffins!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Oh my gosh... these look delicious! I can't wait to try them!

Jen said...

Oh my!! Those look so divine! I love pb cups myself and so does my kiddo. I pinned it to keep for our next recipe. :) I am following you through the GFC hop this week. Looking forward to seeing more yumminess!
Jen
http://bobjenjack.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

looks SO good!

Christina Morley said...

I love your blog name! It's very clever, because you want your readers to keep coming back too. And, you have fantastic photos! I've just liked your FB page. I hope you can also like my FB page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amandas-Books-and-More/373460266024894

Jessica Ayala said...

Dear goodness, those look so good... New follower from GFC.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Oh my yumminess! I am visiting form the blog hop and am now following your cute blog:> Hope you can stop by and say hi!

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
www.blissfulanddomestic.com

Unknown said...

Looks very yummy! Found it on 733

Jess Cox said...

This looks INCREDIBLE! Mu hubby would totally love these. I saw your link on 733. I'm excited to see more! :)

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Wow those look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate ganache might be one of my favorite things in the entire world. This looks amazing!

Darlene Payan said...

Anything with peanutbutter and chocolate has to be good, and these look delicious! New to your blog from StoneGable and am following, too.

Blessings,
Darlene

Unknown said...

I appreciate that you called them muffins, totally makes it okay to eat three at a time that way;p

Michelle Day said...

Wow, these look amazing! I can't wait to try this recipe. I love the switch up idea, what fun. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle

Printabelle said...

Decadent and delicious! Thanks for linking!

Vanessa said...

Those look devine! Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite...and ganche...mmmm. I guess I won't feel guilty about making them since they are called muffins, lol.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I think I've gained 10 lbs going through the links from my party. But worth every calorie to see treats like these!

Lois Christensen said...

They look delicious! Thanks for joining Food Friends Friday! Please join us again next week.

Krista said...

Oh my gosh! We just got done w/ supper and these would be the perfect sweet treat. I'll take 3 :) Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

Unknown said...

Wow! These look delicious! Thanks so much for linking up on Foodie Friends Friday!

Robyn from Robyn's View

Anonymous said...

Dog Beds

Oh My God. This looks really beautiful. It's better than those for sale in bakeshops. Yum!

Jenn Erickson said...

Oh my goodness gracious! I want one now!

Featuring your post on Facebook today!

Jenn

Ashlee Marie said...

Mmmm you know the way to my heart, or featured pinterest page. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays! I'm featuring your muffins today!

Post a Comment

I heart your comments! Let's chat ;)